- Researching practical methods for dealing with your clutter. Every person is different, and everyone processes their piles (no matter how big or small) differently. A professional organizer is schooled in a variety of methods so that you don’t have to try a thousand ways before you find the one that works best for you. Professional organizers also network with others in their field. They know exactly who to call when they’ve got question, while protecting confidentiality.
- Brainstorming creative ways to effectively and efficiently store the items you use and love. Almost anyone can find a “spot” for “anything.” A professional organizer will take the time to assess the frequency and location of use so that the item(s) are stored accessibly and intuitively. There’s a reason most everyone stores hot pads next to the oven; professional organizers can transfer that same concept to EVERY item in your home or office, with consideration to your personality, background, and current stage of life.
- Productively paring down and organizing your belongings without the distractions of Memory Lane. Sure, the average person could find a post about how to declutter their home in two weeks, but would they be able to stick with it from start to finish? Would you? A professional organizer has one main goal: to help YOU reach YOUR GOALS. Their focus is entirely on YOU. They are not distracted by the yearbooks, family schedules, or the other commitments you’ve got on your calendar. They’ll work to get the job completed.
- Maintaining your organization systems so that clutter stays off your radar. Hoarders AND non-hoarders, chronically disorganized AND temporarily disorganized, ALL PEOPLE need to work to maintain their environments. The law of decay says that everything on earth, every organizing system in place, will move toward disorder. Some people will have to work harder than others to maintain a clutter-free environment, but professional organizers can provide the steps needed to achieve success for every situation.
So what are those “better things” you’ve got going on, instead of doing all that stuff above? How about…
- Having your friends over for dinner, instead of stressing out over how you’d never be able to disguise the mess.
- Going to your child’s soccer game, instead of worrying about the stack of overflowing bills.
- Completing your work assignments, instead of wasting time searching for missing supplies.
- Enjoying a relaxing evening with your spouse, instead of arguing over who needs to straighten what.
- Finding the insurance papers, instead of wallowing about the house damage.
Professional organizers, simply stated, impart freedom in a quick, easy, and discreet manner. They support your lifestyle through sorting, discarding, organizing, and maintaining your belongings. Whether it’s the jam-packed closet, littered toy room, hidden desk, congested hallway, mountainous laundry, flooded email, or sea of paperwork, professional organizers are poised for the challenge.